I'm back! - Graphic 45 Typology Caddy

Hello Friends,
I'm back from a bit of a break from blogging.  Family life, health issues and a vacation kinda swamped me for a bit but I'm re-energized and feeling my creative mojo returning!  I took the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry (click here) 102 and it was really amazing!  I think the techniques were even more fabulous then his CC101 class, which is pretty awesome too!

Today I am showing y'all a project that has been in my head and on my desk for quite a while now.  When I first saw the Graphic45 Typology stack I just had to have it, the bright colors, the type-set, the quotes....all so terrific!  I found a wood caddy at a second hand store which is very close to my house, in my semi-rural little town of Nipomo.  I picked it up about a week before I saw the Typology line and immediately KNEW that it needed to be altered with those papers!  I of course had to wait for my papers to arrive and then I could get to work.  I then came across another small set-back..the bottom had little round ball/feet and the box just screamed to have the Tim Holtz Alterarions Pully wheels to be added!  So then I was on a mission to all of the local stores to find it, no go...so I ordered it from Simon Says Stamp and waited again.  It does not end there,  Halloween and another G45 project interrupted this project, mostly because I wanted to give that project as a gift.  Well I finally got to finish this project up and just in the nick of time..Graphic 45 Facebook page has a contest this month asking for photos of Typology projects  So...here you have it, my finished Typology Caddy which now sits on my Work table and holds all of my small "go-to" favorite tools!

WARNING:  this is picture heavy!

Here is the "front" 

 One of the sides and some hanging Chipboard tags

Here's the pully wheel, using one of the new alcohol techniques taught by Tim Holtz in CC102,
The lower right photo is of the back of the caddy, a collage of quotes

Top: The other side piece, featuring my initials
Bottom:  Close up looking at the screen front, you can see the TP rolls I covered to keep evereything in order

Used my Cricut and the Sentimentals cartridge to create the inkwell and plume.

A view from the top, featuring all of the TP rolls each one covered and painted on the interior.  I still need 2 more to total 18!  They keep everything organized very nicely (and cheaply)!

One last peek of the front and back.

I used letters and numbers that had significance to me  That is part of the fun of this line of paper, so many different aspects of the papers can be featured and they combine with other paperlines seamlessly!  I managed to even use Dorothy and Land of Oz papers!

I will be entering this into Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge  and onto the Graphic45 Facebook Page.

Thanks for stopping by, and please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my new "baby"!

 Blessings,

Adrienne



Comments

  1. Love this! Super cute and you can tell you put a lot of work into it.

    You asked about what ink I used on my mixed media altered playing cards, I used Dylusions and Heidi Swapp spray and then alcohol ink for the splatters.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts